Do you get super dry, chapped skin during the winter months!? Here’s a fantastic DIY remedy that can also promote healthier looking skin! As an alternative to lotions you buy in the store that are made mostly of water and cost us $$$, try this DIY natural remedy instead!
For essential oils to add I recommend lavender (for relaxation) and frankincense (helps promote even skin tones and healthier skin)! I use Young Living essential oils for their purity and their Seed to Seal commitment!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup solid cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil
- glass mixing bowl
- glass containers (mason jars are my fav)
- In medium saucepan melt coconut oil, cocoa butter and olive oil.
- Pour into a glass mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for 30–45 minutes to cool (not harden).
- Stir in essential oils.
- Use electric hand mixer until it becomes a whip consistency.
- Transfer to glass containers.
- Massage into dry skin!
***These make fantastic gifts too! Add a nice ribbon or lace for touch;)
Some other essential oils you could use are cedarwood, orange and eucalyptus!
Sign up below if you’d like to order your essential oils!
Some of the links on this site are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.